Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Magic and Mystery

Went to Steak&Shake today with Calvin and Shawn. It was fun. Yeah, I haven't gotten out a lot lately. Maybe it's because I've been so busy pretending to be busy. I mean, if I didn't pretend about it I couldn't lie so well to my parents. I guess I could just cut out a step and start being busy busy. Real busy. Then I might get out more.

Everyone went to Jacob's too. A party at Jacob's. Eww. But I bet he wouldn't call it a party. He's the type who would call it a get-together. Because intellectuals have get-togethers and not parties. I just couldn't go. He makes me uncomfortable. It's all the down-talking and expensive bourbon. I wonder if he'll try to "discuss Hemingway."

I'm obsessed right now with this book I've read and reread a thousand times, Magic and Mystery in Tibet by Alexandra David-Neel. It's haunting, I guess. If that means anything. And it's old. It's not like one of those sappy Richard Gere kinda things, if you know what I mean.

Calvey wants a mix CD. I was gonna make it for his birthday, but my computer charger is done for. Someone remind me to call HP. Anyway, I'm still going to do it. On the potential list right now: Daft Punk, Captain Ahab, Concrete Blonde, Rick Ross. Any suggestions. Oh! And! Everyone tell Calvin to try out for the drag show. I have a great routine planned for him.

1 comment:

erinbeal said...

gosh, i'm so glad that columbine reject didn't kill us all tonight. i bet we left just in time.

calvin should definitely do the drag show. that kid has moves.